Sunday 17 March 2013

Car Booting

Off we went this morning to our local car boot despite the little sprinkling of snow on the ground.  And do you know what I am soooooo glad we did as we came home with loads of bargains : )

For a grand total of £16 I bought - the Gruffalo's Child book, Brambly Hedge box set, 4 various books, Alice in Wonderland (golden ticket book), glass vase, some little girls pumps, vintage pillow cases (future project....watch this space), a vintage tea cup (all on its own), yellow vintage tea set, wooden boat, wooden key holder, strawberry glass, boat wall hanger, a storage box for my dolly peg paint and last but not least some children's clippo (like sticklebricks, if you remember those).

If you are a regular visitor to sockamabobs you'll already know that we are in the middle of renovating our new house so I have been trying to source inexpensive things for decoration (especially for my craft room aka the conservatory).  I have also recently been thinking about opening up a wool shop which also showcases some of the crafts that I make (its very early stages and a little bit too scary).

Anyways enough of the chit chat and on to the photos -


My little girl watching her Daddy and all the workmen fixing the house, hmmmm wonder what job she would like when she's older!

Some of my trinkets.  The boats are for our new bathroom.  I managed to get some turquoise and blue glass floats from the car boot the other week.  These had been shown on Kirsty Allsop's Vintage Home (a Telly Programme) and I had fallen in love with them.  The glass vase that I bought today can fit all of them in and once I have some fishing net, some shells and pebbles my centre piece will be finished and I promise to post a picture.

I also managed to get this beautiful vintage tea set for about 50p.  The strange thing is though I bought the saucer last week at a car boot we often go to.  It was all on it's own at the bottom of a box and I just loved it and had to have it.  The cup I bought today at a car boot that we went to for the very first time over 15 miles away!  It was again all on its own looking very pretty and a bargain at 20p. 

When I got home and I'd given everything a wash, it dawned on me that they were the same set, they even have the same markings underneath.  How uncanny - just need the winning lottery numbers now!

Anyway off to potter, can't wait to see what other treasures I uncover next week.   What have you been up to today????????

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy.. you got some bargains! I've been decorating for Easter and taking photos of said decs. I added your blog to my list so I don't miss a post! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa - not really thought about Easter this year and don't really have any decorations. Off to check out your pictures now ((Hugs)), Wendy x

      Delete